List of hurricane images
From Global Warming Art
- Hurricane Intensity Shift.png - Figure showing the expected increase in tropical storm intensity as a result of future global warming.
- North Atlantic Hurricane History.png - History of tropical storms in the North Atlantic and some milestones in the technology used to observe and study hurricanes.
- Tropical Storm Map.png - Map of tropical storm activity across various basins.
- Hurricane Katrina.jpg - A satellite image of Hurricane Katrina a few hours before it hit New Orleans. Though no relationship has been established between Katrina and global warming, this disaster motivated considerable public interest in the ability of global warming to provoke extreme weather events.
- NHC Atlantic Forecast Error Trends.gif - Shows the improvement over time in the accuracy of weather models used to predict hurricane tracks in the Atlantic Ocean.